How can we facilitate healing after pregnancy loss?
Ways to heal after miscarriage from an energy medicine perspective
First, losing a baby is no easy thing. It shakes your world. It can break your heart. The due date will come and go and can be a challenging time once again. When a close family member had a loss, I came face to face with the depth of that experience. We were making plans, filled with lots of excitement. Then loss happened. Our hearts were shattered. Healing from pregnancy loss is no easy task.
As a “Fertility Doula”, I quickly came to realize that when you are in labor, you have to process all previous losses before being able to open and delivery this baby. Many of my clients come to me after numerous losses through IUI or IVF. Each time they have conceived and I was privileged to be present during their birth, we had to go through a process of grieving and accepting all previous pregnancies or possibilities of pregnancies. Sometimes we worked on this prior to the birth process, and sometimes it is during the birth process.
moving through loss
So how do we move through loss and at the same time move down the path to motherhood?
Here are some tips for you to try so you, too, can move through miscarriage and shift your energy as you continue on your path to motherhood.
- Connect with your body. Go inward on a daily basis and give yourself the opportunity to see which parts of you may have something to say. Tune in to things like – is your stomach in a knot? Are your shoulders tight? Is you chest feeling sunken in? All of this information will give you insight into what your physical body is hanging onto stuck energy. Invite breath into those areas to help get the energy moving once again.
- Connect with your whole self – physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. When all of these are not connected you are more likely to feel fear, disconnection and judgment of yourself and those around you. A lack of flow in our energies in our systems can make this happen. Make sure there is enough room for all aspects of you so that different feelings don’t rule and take over your energetic space. As space is given to the different aspects of yourself, energy will shift and flow.
- Acknowledge your thoughts and remember that energy follows thought. If you are filled with fear about having a miscarriage, do what you can to work through this fear. Affirmations are great for working through this process. A helpful one may be – “I trust that my body knows what to do”. You can find more helpful affirmations here! If you don’t trust your body, start with saying loving affirmations towards your body such s, “I choose to send love and appreciation to every part of my body.” Small changes can make a huge difference from an energy medicine perspective.
- Make sure you feel and process all of your emotions. Emotions are energy. When an emotion arises, even if it is difficult and challenging, be with it. It has something important to tell you. When you allow space to process your emotions, you can move the energy. You may be in resistance if you are looking for distractions or not wanting to process your emotions. This creates energetic blockages. Owning your emotions and not blaming others is the key. It’s powerful when you do and will help to move the stagnant energy.
- Having a goodbye ceremony may be helpful. Oftentimes when there is a loss, we hang on to the person who is gone from an energetic perspective. This also creates stagnant energy. Have a goodbye ceremony to honor your time with your baby that you miscarried. This ceremony can help to create a sense of closure and help to free up energy for a new baby to arrive. Contact me for info and help creating a Blessingsway of some other form of ceremony if you think this may be helpful to you.
- Find a safe person to talk with about the miscarriage. A therapist, energy practitioner, friend or relative who is good at listening may be helpful. Feeling safe as you talk can help to move stagnant energy.
- Balance and align your chakras, the main energy center in your body. I have included a fertility chakra meditation for you to listen to. I have also included an Yoga Nida meditation for your use for relaxation as you move through this process.
As you begin to move through this process, tend to your body, mind and spirit in a loving way. This will help create a positive energy from which to heal. I am available to talk or help facilitate you through this process. Let me know if I can help.
Thank you for this post. Its very inspiring.
Comments are closed.