Looking for a way to boost your fertility naturally? One of the top 10 fertility boosters is an easy to make Fertility Smoothie. No matter if you are just beginning to learn about a Fertility Diet or if you have eaten a healthy, whole food diet for years, consider making a Fertility Smoothie part of your daily routine. They are a fun, delicious way to consume a huge amount of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, omegas and fiber in an easy to digest form.
what makes a smoothie a fertility smoothie?
The bulk of the smoothie should come from raw, fresh whole fruits and vegetables (frozen works also) with a nutritious liquid added to them to achieve the perfect consistency. To turn your smoothie into a fertility smoothie, add superfoods known to boost fertility, along with protein and healthy fats to make the smoothie a balanced meal.
Top 5 Ingredients to Create a Fertility Smoothie
There are five ingredients that can turn your typical smoothie into a fertility boosting powerhouse by increasing the nutritional value.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Because they are packed with vitamins and minerals, antioxidants, enzymes and fiber, fruits and vegetables are essential to healthy fertility. Any raw fruit would do. Popular fruits are berries, mangoes, peaches, apricots, pineapples and bananas. As for vegetables, add a big handful of dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale, or try adding pureed carrot, sweet potato or squash. Another way to “eat your veggies” could be through just two teaspoons a greens powder. These greens powders contains mixtures of dried powdered leafy greens, wheat grass, spirulina, barley grass, with the added bonus of nourishing herbs. Look for an organic brand.
- Nourishing Liquids: Some liquid, about 1 cup, is necessary to make a smoothie the perfect consistency. Try fresh squeezed orange juice, coconut water, or a nut milk such as almond or cashew, even hemp, oat or flax milk are good choices. (for dairy alternatives, fill out the form below and receive a copy of our Your Nutritional Guide to Healthy Fertility. It includes dairy alternative recipes, smoothie recipes, tips for success, meal planners and a fertility food checklist and lots of other great info-and it’s free!)
- Protein: Men need to consume 52 grams of protein daily and women need at least 46 grams of protein every day. That number increases greatly for women in pregnancy (80-90 grams a day). Protein added to a fertility smoothie can support balanced blood sugar levels and sustained energy levels. Great sources of protein are whey, nut and seed butters and spirulina. The blue-green algae spirulina is considered the highest quality plant protein available. It also provides a number of vitamins and minerals. FertilWhey protein powder is another excellent choice because it is derived from grass-fed cow’s milk, and is minimally processed. This means the whey in FertilWhey maintainsthe full range of fragile immune-modulating components naturally found in fresh, raw milk. Just one scoop contains 16 grams of protein, helping you to meet your daily protein requirements.
- Good Fats & Omega 3’s: Healthy fats support proper immune system function and a healthy inflammation response. Fat is also essential in helping the body manufacture hormones. Try canned organic coconut milk (full fat) or refined organic coconut oil, avocado, organic raw full fat dairy (milk, yogurt, kefir) and hemp, chia or flax seeds. Fertility Boosting Facts: Hemp, Chia and Flax seeds are excellent sources of fiber, protein and maybe most importantly omega-3 essential fatty acids. Omega-3s help the body regulate hormones and inflammatory response, increase cervical mucous production, promote ovulation and increase circulation to the reproductive organs.
- Fertility Superfoods: Superfoods should be a part of every couple’s fertility diet to help bridge the gap for proper nutrition, nourish the egg and the sperm and help to balance hormones. An easy way to get fertility superfoods into your diet daily is to drink fertility smoothies.
Our Favorite Fertility Superfoods:
- Maca contains a variety of micro-nutrients. It is considered foundational for improving hormonal balance, energy levels, and libido. It is extremely useful for those experiencing high stress levels.
- Royal Jelly has a superior nutrition profile containing amino acids, lipids, vitamins, sugars, proteins, fatty acids, iron, calcium and Acetylcholine (which transmits nerve impulses from cell to cell). It is beneficial for men and women with a hormonal imbalance of any kind. Because of its high nutritional content we use it as part of our protocol to improve sperm and egg health and to encourage healthy endocrine and immune system function.
- Wheatgrass is one of 5 Fertility Superfoods because it aids the body’s natural detoxification processes and purifies the blood.
Fertility Smoothies – best way to prepare for a healthy pregnancy! This is a great fast fertility food and you will probably end up craving! Get your copy of Your Nutritional Guide to Healthy Fertility by filling out the form below. It includes recipes and many nutritional guidance and meal planners, snack recipes a fertility food checklist.
guiding you on the path to creating fertile ground for your baby’s first home and empowering women. . .one birth at a time