French Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups Dried Lentils Rinsed and sorted
- 4 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 3 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbl Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Lettuce Leaves Optional
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Toasted*
- Combine 2 quarts water and lentils in large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain lentils.
- Combine cooked lentils, green onions, vinegar, parsley, oil, salt, thyme and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until cool.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired. Top with toasted walnuts before serving.
*To toast walnuts, spread in single layer in heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately. Cool before using.