Gut Health Recipe
A member of the lily flower family, garlic is a beautiful plant that can give your meal a tantalizing aroma and a unique flavor that can’t be found in anything else. Use garlic or garlic powder to dress up dishes or create a savory flavor.
Garlicky Veggie-Packed Omelet
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup torn spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute' onion for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and water, and saute' until mushrooms are softened, about 3-4 minutes
- Sprinkle mixture with garlic powder and add spinach leaves and tomatoes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour over the sauteed vegetables.
- Immediately begin pushing the outer edges into the center with a spatula for one turn around the whole pan. Let omelet set for 2 minutes.
- Gently slide the spatula under omelet and quickly flip.
- Continue cooking omelet for another 3 - 5 minutes or until no longer runny.