Try this yummy mac and cheese recipe!
Three-Cheese Macaroni and Quinoa
- 4 Tbs Butter, divided
- 1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Quarts Water
- 1 Tsp Salt, divided
- 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked whole grain elbow macaroni
- 1/2 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 2 Tbs All-purpose flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) Shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add panko; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until golden. Place in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in macaroni and quinoa; cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain in fine-mesh strainer. Place in large serving bowl.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute without browning. Gradually whisk in milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 5 minutes or until very thick. Stir in Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses until melted. Pour over macaroni mixture.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and panko.