Here are some Dessert Recipes for You!
Check back for more!
Citrus Olive Oil Cake
- 1 3/4 Cups All-purpose flour
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- Grated peel of 1 lemon
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
Orange Syrup (Optional)
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9-inch springform pan or deep cake pan (at least 3 inches) with nonstick cooking spray.* Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; spray paper. Wrap bottom of springform pan loosely with foil to catch any drips.
- Whisk flour, orange peel, lemon peel, salt, baking powder and baking soda in small bowl.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed 3 minutes (mixture will be pale and fluffy). With mixer running on medium-low speed, add oil in thin steady stream. Stop and scrape bowl.
- Combine milk, 1/4 cup orange juice and lemon juice in 2-cup measure. With mixer running on low speed, add milk mixture alternately with flour mixture, beating just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan; smooth top. Bang pan on counter once to remove air bubbles.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until top is dark golden, center is no longer jiggly and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Run thin knife around edge of cake; remove side of springform pan or invert onto plate.
- Meanwhile for orange syrup, if desired, combine 3/4 cup orange juice and 2 tablespoons sugar in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Cool slightly. Pour over cake.
*You can also bake the cake in two regular 9-inch round cake pans instead of one deep pan. Start checking the cakes for doneness at 25 minutes.
Grilled Peaches With Nutmeg Pastry Cream
- 1/3 Cup Plus 2 tbl sugar, divided
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Peaches, halved
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbl All-purpose Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1 1/4 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 Tsp Ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbl Butter
- Whipped Cream Optional
- Prepare grill for direct cooking. Combine 2 tbl sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over peach halves. Grill peaches over medium-low heat just until tender and slightly golden brown. (Peaches should still be firm and hold shape). Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, flour and salt in medium bowl; stir until well blended.
- Bring milk, vanilla and nutmeg to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisking constantly, slowly and add 1/4 cup hot milk mixture to egg yolk mixture.
- Add egg yolk mixture to milk mixture in saucepan; cook, whisking constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and add butter; whisk until well blended.
- Spoon sauce onto plates; arrange peach halves on top of sauce. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Kiwi and Strawberries with Pine Nuts
- 2 Kiwi Fruits
- 1 1/2 Cups Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Tbl Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 Tbl Pine Nutts Roasted
- Peel kiwis and slice into thin rounds. Arrange on 4 desert plates
- Hull and slice strawberries. Arrange over kiwi slices.
- Drizzle orange juice evenly over fruit; top with pine nuts