Here are some Breakfast Recipes for you!
Check back for more!
Garlicky Veggie-Packed Omelet
Delicious vegetables and garlic combine with fluffy eggs and egg whites to make a simple, satisfying and savory meal that will start off any day right! Protein-packed and rich in complex carbohydrates from the vegetables, this is a tasty way to get some valuable nutrition.
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup torn spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute' onion for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and water, and saute' until mushrooms are softened, about 3-4 minutes
- Sprinkle mixture with garlic powder and add spinach leaves and tomatoes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour over the sauteed vegetables.
- Immediately begin pushing the outer edges into the center with a spatula for one turn around the whole pan. Let omelet set for 2 minutes.
- Gently slide the spatula under omelet and quickly flip.
- Continue cooking omelet for another 3 - 5 minutes or until no longer runny.
Also makes a great meal!
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil
- 4 Oz Crumbled Feta Cheese with basil, olives and sundried tomatoes or 1 Cup plain feta cheese
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs, yogurt, basil, salt and pepper in medium bowl until well blended
- Heat oil large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, tilting skillet to coat bottom and side. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until eggs are set around edge (center will be wet)
- Sprinkle feta and pine nuts evenly over top. Transfer to broiler; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source 2 minutes or until center is set and pine nuts are golden brown. Cut into wedges.
This frittata also makes a great meal. Cut it into quarters and serve it hot with fruit for breakfast, tuck a wedge into half a pita for lunch.