Here are some Breakfast Recipes for you!
Check back for more!
Garlicky Veggie-Packed Omelet
Delicious vegetables and garlic combine with fluffy eggs and egg whites to make a simple, satisfying and savory meal that will start off any day right! Protein-packed and rich in complex carbohydrates from the vegetables, this is a tasty way to get some valuable nutrition.
- 2 tsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup torn spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 large whole eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Saute' onion for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and water, and saute' until mushrooms are softened, about 3-4 minutes
- Sprinkle mixture with garlic powder and add spinach leaves and tomatoes, stirring constantly.
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites and pour over the sauteed vegetables.
- Immediately begin pushing the outer edges into the center with a spatula for one turn around the whole pan. Let omelet set for 2 minutes.
- Gently slide the spatula under omelet and quickly flip.
- Continue cooking omelet for another 3 - 5 minutes or until no longer runny.