Here are some Lunch Recipes for you!
Check back for more recipes
Romaine and Avocado Salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1" strips
- 1/2 small avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, no sulfites added
- 1 tbsp etra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
- Remove outer leaves of lettuce head and discard. Chop inner leaves. Rinse in cold water and dry with paper towels.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl and add remaining salad ingredients.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts or almonds, if desired.
French Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 Cups Dried Lentils Rinsed and sorted
- 4 Green Onions Finely Chopped
- 3 Tbl Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbl Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- Lettuce Leaves Optional
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Toasted*
- Combine 2 quarts water and lentils in large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain lentils.
- Combine cooked lentils, green onions, vinegar, parsley, oil, salt, thyme and pepper in large bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until cool.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired. Top with toasted walnuts before serving.
Greek Salad Bowl
- 1 Cup Uncooked pearled farro
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 1/4 Tsp Dried oregano or Greek seasoning, divided
- 1/2 Tsp Salt, divided
- 1/4 Cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/8 Tsp Black pepper (optional)
- 2 Cucumbers, julienned, cubed or thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 Oz Feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- Rinse farro under cold water; place in medium saucepan. Add 2 1/2 cups water, 1 tsp oregano and 1/4 tsp salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until farro is tender. Drain any additional water.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon oregano and pepper, if desired, in small bowl.
- Divide farro among 4 bowls; arrange cucumber, onion, tomatoes, chickpeas and feta around farro. Drizzle with dressing.
Make-Ahead: This bowl is a great make-ahead option for lunches or future dinners. Add some grilled chicken or lamb for a heartier meal, or mix everything together and serve it as a side dish.
Note: This is a great recipe to use a spiralizer if you have one. Cut the ends off the cucumbers and spiral slice with the thin ribbon blade. Spiral the red onion with the thin ribbon blade and chopped into desired pieces.
Vegan: Omit cheese or substitute with cubed extra firm silken tofu.