As women we sometimes have tough cycles. Some are tougher than others while we are trying to conceive.
If you are experiencing a rough cycle or just would like to soothe your heart and relieve stress, these two acupressure points are for you!
When you are trying to get pregnant, each month can feel like an emotional roller coaster. Every cycle you open your heart to the possibility of pregnancy and eagerly long to love your future baby. Your heart feels crushed when it doesn’t happen.
Yet you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, gather up strength and hope, and open your heart to the possibility of yet another cycle. It can be exhausting! It takes an emotional toll. The last thing you need is more stress – it’s not good for your heart. It also isn’t good for your fertility.
How can you soothe your broken heart each month?
By using these two acupressure points!
These two points relieve stress and support your loving heart as you journey through this process. They will soothe your heart and give your fertility a boost, help you sleep better, improve digestion and help ward off colds.
The first point is the Neuguan Pericdium 6, or “Inner Gate”. This point is located on the Pericardium channel, which protects the heart and keeps it healthy.
- This point controls the gateway into the heart. If the gate is always open, you’re too vulnerable and not discerning of who and what to let into your heart. If it’s always closed, you shut love out, unable to receive it. Or you may hold negativity in and let it out at the wrong target.
- This point soothes and protects your heart so that it can give and receive love in a balanced way.
- Helps you sleep better
- Improves digestion
- Circulates blood and qi to your womb for improved fertility.
The second point is the Waiguan San Jiao 5, or the “Outer Gate”.
This pint is on the San Jiao meridian – or also known as the Triple Burner. This meridian balances the distribution of blood and energy throughout the energetic pathways between your upper, middle and lower “burners”.
The burners are essentially your lungs (upper burner), your digestion (middle burner) and your excretory and reproductive systems (lower burner).
- Allows you to express your warmth and love appropriately.
- Like a gate letting energy in and out, by stimulating this point you balance the flow between giving and receiving.
- Strengthens your immune system and helps ward off viruses
- Relieves headaches and tension in your upper body and head
How to give yourself acupressure on the Inner and Outer Gates:
By stimulating these points together, you regulate the inner and outer gates, soothe your heart and regain balance during the ups and downs of your cycle. You’ll also reap the physical benefits that support your fertility.
Stimulate these points when:
- you’re feeling blue
- you’re stressed out
- you’re in bed and want to get a good night’s sleep
- you’re experiencing indigestion
- you feel a cold coming on
- you’re having heart palpitations or a racing heart
- you have a headache and neck tension
Simply follow these instructions:
- To find Inner Gate, measure 3 finger widths up from your inner wrist crease. The point is between the two tendons.
- To find Outer Gate, measure 3 finger widths up from the outer wrist crease. The point is centered between the two bones.
- Apply gentle but firm simultaneous pressure to both points with your thumb (on the inner gate) and pointer finger (on the outer gate).
- Apply pressure in and out, in other words, slowly and firmly push the fingers toward each other and then slowly release.
- Repeat this on both arms for 1-3 minutes on each side.