Struggling to conceive can be very stressful. An inability to conceive can wreak havoc on your mental well-being. Sooo, take a moment to picture this scenario – It’s been a very long week at work, even more so with yet another negative pregnancy test. You turn the lights on low in the bathroom, put on your favorite relaxation music mix, start up a hot bath. In it you put a few drops of lavender essential oil, while simultaneously setting up the diffuse with an oil blend recommended for hormone balance or fertility issues. You crawl into the tub and close your eyes while allowing the stress of the day to be released as you relax in the warm tub.
Sounds awesome, right?
So, now, what if I told you those oils you just used could also be helping to improve your chances for conception by the time of your next cycle?
The use of oils for use with any number of ailments goes back centuries and spans regions. It wasn’t until the 1930’s that they began regaining popularity in modern times, with aromatherapy practices becoming more widely accepted ever since.
Ways to Use Oils
Essential oils can either be dispensed into the air and breathed into your lungs or applied directly to your skin. If you choose to breath the oils, diffusers are used to make this possible. You can also use sprays or steams. For skin absorption, massages are great! Some oils are more beneficial when applied to specific areas of the body, but all can be absorbed through the skin and taken into your blood stream. Applying oils as part of a massage oil prior to self-fertility massage is a great way to enhance the benefits of the massage. (contact me for more info on fertility massage).
Oils Meant to Boost Fertility
There are several essential oils that may have fertility boosting qualities:
- Geranium: This oil is great for balancing hormones and regulating your cycle. It also has the soothing effect of calming emotions and helping you to distress. For women with endometriosis, Geranium may be espceially beneficial.
- Calendula: This is great for topical application, is an anti-inflammatory oil that may help to regulate your menstrual cycle. It is also a sensitive-skin oil, making it great for use as a baby oil.
- German Chamomile: With anti-inflammatory properties, this oil may help reduce pain cause by cysts or fibroids while also enhancing chances for conception.
- Yarrow: A detoxifying oil, Yarrow helps to relieve pelvic congestion and prevent inflammation. It is also beneficial for digestion and urinary tracts.
- Clary Sage: This influences your estrogen levels. Clary Sage helps your body to regulate its hormones naturally. This oil may also help with male infertility, treating hormone balance and impotence.
- Ginger: This oil has antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. It also aids in the digestive system and supports healthy circulation.
- Rose: This oil helps relax the uterus and regulate your menstrual cycle. This oil should not be used after ovulation and is not safe during pregnancy.
- Sweet Fennel: This is great for getting your hormonal system back on track. Sweet Fennel is best used during the first part of your cycle to regulate menstruation and improve hormonal functioning. This oil is also not safe to use during pregnancy.
Not all essential oils are created equal. Pay attention to the quality of the product you are using. Make sure you do your research on the company you choose to purchase the oils through, ensuring they have a commitment to providing you with the best quality product.
We will be introducing new products, services and protocols for using Essential Oils within the next couple of weeks. If you are struggling with fertility issues, PMS, endometriosis, PCOS, thyroid issues, sleep issues or over-all sluggish health, fill out the form below so we can reach out to you as soon as the new products and services are available. You will be happy you inquired about these new products and services. We truly are excited about being able to offer them to you. There will be extra bonuses to those that take advantage of the early sign-up for more information! I promise, you won’t be disappointed!